Please make sure you post in the Introduction board so you can get full access to the site.

Poll

Do you like the fact that we require people to register to download anything on this site

Yes, Keep it how it is now
10 (52.6%)
No, Remove the register requirement
6 (31.6%)
I dont care
3 (15.8%)

Total Members Voted: 18

Voting closed: December 11, 2010, 06:59:24 AM

Author Topic: Register to download or not  (Read 2840 times)

Online Icari

• Administrator
Register to download or not
« on: November 27, 2010, 06:59:24 AM »
I am considering removing the requirement to register to download the dats off this site. I want to know what you guys think before I actually do this. Please be honest as if this is removed it will be unlikely to be put back in place. You have 2 weeks to vote and add comments before a decision will be made.

Offline Chiarodiluna

Re: Register to download or not
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2010, 11:46:20 AM »
Not gonna lie, I like how it is now.

Don't have people lurking and D/Ling what they want, it's like...
Walking into a room and going "Hey guys, how's it goin', I'm gonna chill here, mmk?"

Rather than the guy that shows to a party for free booze (.dats) and doesn't actually want to meet any of the people there.

Offline Batousai

« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2010, 01:35:41 PM »
If you wish to keep it more personable, then I would keep the requirement. A lot of people wont like it at first, but once it's done, it's done. Personally, if I wasn't made to post in the introduction, I would probly be lurking right now. But I feel more comfortable posting since I already had to in the first place.

Offline Amirith

« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2010, 08:40:11 AM »
If you wish to keep it more personable, then I would keep the requirement. A lot of people wont like it at first, but once it's done, it's done. Personally, if I wasn't made to post in the introduction, I would probly be lurking right now. But I feel more comfortable posting since I already had to in the first place.

How is making someone post a introduction mean they won't be a lurker? Cause I posted a introduction and that's all I do is lurk.

Offline UltraRichard

« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2010, 10:01:37 AM »
Yeah, but we know who you are :p and usually a little about you, from your comments in the first post. We know you're there if only lurking.. as opposed to we don't know who you are or what you're doing!

Offline Chiarodiluna

« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2010, 12:49:55 PM »
How is making someone post a introduction mean they won't be a lurker? Cause I posted a introduction and that's all I do is lurk.

Don't lie to me, you contribute! Lurkers do just what it says! Lurk!
(Read that word enough times and it starts to not look like a word :X)

Offline Batousai

« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2010, 01:10:57 AM »

Lurking while posting is a paradox. wut.

Offline lolBesti

• Hater Deluxe.
« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2010, 09:45:05 AM »
At first I was going to suggest taking the requirement out, but then I realized that there are still a plethora of lurkers despite it, so now I suggest keeping the requirement. All that aside, I hate lurkers! >:0000

Online Icari

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: November 30, 2010, 05:38:43 PM »
I know there is still sometime left in the poll, here is one more thing to consider, What do you think of still requiring the registration but not the first post in order to download? with this option you will not be able to vote or post about the dats until you have made your first post, same as it is now.

Please add your comments in this thread, the feedback on this and the poll above will be considered before any changes are made. Out of the few that have voted there is a majority already in what is wanted on this site.

Offline Draylo

« Reply #9 on: November 30, 2010, 05:40:06 PM »
I don't mind how it is now, nothing that is really time consuming..

Offline Chiarodiluna

« Reply #10 on: November 30, 2010, 09:06:11 PM »
Really, it's not that hard to make an introductory post.
Having to post really only turns the hardcore lurkers away.

Online Icari

• Administrator
« Reply #11 on: December 13, 2010, 03:05:45 PM »
given the results of the poll and the slow but continuing stream of new users, I will leave the requirement here for now, but in the future I may allow dats to be downloads by guests or people with 0 posts if I feel generous, of course it will be a surprise when this happens.

anything