Please make sure you post in the Introduction board so you can get full access to the site.

Author Topic: Hyoukai-no-Toujin  (Read 1498 times)

Offline Dakren

Hyoukai-no-Toujin
« on: November 28, 2011, 07:38:00 PM »
Hyoukai-no-Toujin

http://ffxidats.caarrie.com/index.php?action=downloads;sa=view;down=1116

I was flipping through Model Viewer one night, when I noticed, if you DAT swap a Great Sword into a Great Katana's place, the animations and weaponskills still work. Intrigued by this, I started flipping through Great Swords, seeing what I could come up with. I happened upon the Falx series, notably the one shown in the picture at the right side. With some tweaking, it became the Hyoukai-no-Toujin, which if I'm translating it right, means Sword of the Frozen Sea. I was going to go with a similar translation, Touketsuken, but a quick search brought it up as being some energy attack from the Dragonball series, and I didn't want a sword that just gets its name from anime X, I'm creating something new. Since this is a Great Sword and not a Great Katana, a few things are interesting about it. As you can see in the picture, it rests on your back while not in use, as opposed to at your hip, which made for a fun change of pace for me. Also, it has a greater reflective brilliance than most Great Katanas, so even though the metal is damn near black, you will occasionally see light catch it in such a way that it turns grey, or even white at some angles. Hope you enjoy it as much as I do. =)
-Dakren

anything