Please make sure you post in the Introduction board so you can get full access to the site.

Author Topic: How to DAT swap  (Read 3571 times)

Offline UltraRichard

How to DAT swap
« on: September 03, 2010, 11:34:11 AM »
First off, this will only change the model displayed for you, which means it is completly safe, and undetectable. DAT’s do not change any in-game armour, and you will not gain additional stats from any DAT swaps. THIS IS FOR SHOW ONLY.

Important warning:  Make back-ups with clear and ordered names of any files you change. If something goes wrong, you will have to reinstall your game otherwise. Never change DAT while logged into FFXI. Shut it down first.

To begin DAT changing, you’ll need the Altana viewer program created by Tiamat. This helpful tool is used to locate DATs and view them outside of the game. You can’t change DAT’s if you don’t know where they are. Be sure to match the DAT changed to the viewer correctly, or you’ll be overwriting files that won’t work and might corrupt your game.

Choosing the model you wish to change: Open up the Altana viewer, and search through the menu’s until you find the DAT you want to replace. Note the number at the bottom of the screen. This is a location inside your FFXI program folder (C:\Program Files\PlayOnline\SquareEnix\FINAL FANTASY XI, unless installed elsewhere.)

Navigate through the folders until you find the DAT to be replaced, in this example, Hume Red Mage AF hat is 1/93/3. This indicates the First ROM folder. Enter this folder. We must now find the Subfolder indicted by the second number on the Altana Viewer.

Inside this subfolder, find the number indicated by the third number in the Viewer, 3.DAT in this example. This is the DAT shown in the Altana viewer. Make a copy of this DAT now. Label it clearly so you can replace it if need be. All DATs are located in this fashion.  All of the ROM folders are numbered, except the first.

Use this same method to find the DAT you wish to change to another model. After making a back-up original, Copy and paste the DAT file you wish to use into the folder.
Rename the file to whichever number the original DAT was.
In this case, the DAT must be renamed “3”. It must be named correctly for it to work.

You’ve now changed the DAT. Congratulations! When you log into the game, whichever model you changed will now look like whatever you replaced it with.

Offline Alveille

Re: How to DAT swap
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2010, 12:55:57 PM »
what do i do if i cant find the armour i want to swap in the list on the viewer? >.>

Offline Icari

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2010, 01:10:29 PM »
what do i do if i cant find the armour i want to swap in the list on the viewer? >.>

Try to find a more updated version of the lists for the viewer

Offline tcmtran

« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2013, 08:35:46 PM »
How did you know RDM AF hat was that DAT file?

Offline Ranie

« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2013, 06:29:10 AM »
You equip the item in Altana Viewer.  Altana lists the last item equipped's dat file location as pictured above in the first screen capture.