Please make sure you post in the Introduction board so you can get full access to the site.

Author Topic: I am new at this  (Read 802 times)

Offline unbounddragon

I am new at this
« on: January 26, 2013, 03:46:43 PM »
I understand the general concept of the dats. But when it comes to dats that are named like Shiraga.dat i have no clue where to put it and I try looking for instructions but i could not find them

Offline Kamilynn

• Newbie modder who happens to not suck too much
  • Link Master
  • I mostly edit female mods but feel free to request
    • My Photobucket - Warning, cluttered
Re: I am new at this
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2013, 06:02:28 PM »
You put the .dat in the location of the .dat you want to place - using a viewer helps a ton.

For instance, I think the dat you're mentioning is a Mithra face .dat, so you open your viewer and find the location of the face you want to replace with that, and navigate to the ROM folder it is in, delete/rename/move the original file, and rename the modified .dat to take its place.

IE, if the location was ROM/51/11, navigate to ROM/51, do something with 11.dat, paste your new file into the folder, and rename it 11.dat.

Many dats these days are made to replace whatever you want so they don't have file placement in the file name - especially custom faces, since they are generally intended to customize YOUR character, not just the citizens of vana'diel who have a certain character selected :)
Back online but out of the loop too long, I need some reintroduction to this stuff! :D

anything