Please make sure you post in the Introduction board so you can get full access to the site.

Author Topic: Can't get model viewer to work with win7 64 bit.  (Read 794 times)

Offline blisk

Can't get model viewer to work with win7 64 bit.
« on: January 25, 2015, 10:14:43 PM »
Can't get model viewer to work with win7 64 bit.

Pretty self explanatory.  Says files not found.  I know i'm in the right path.

Offline Kamilynn

• Newbie modder who happens to not suck too much
  • Link Master
  • I mostly edit female mods but feel free to request
    • My Photobucket - Warning, cluttered
Re: Can't get model viewer to work with win7 64 bit.
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2015, 06:08:59 PM »
Sorry for the delay in responding, a lot going on and not much time to internet for me!

I used XP before and I have 8 now (which has it's own set of weird issues with MV, damn i miss my XP) but there are two possible solutions. Make sure that:

1. The file directory matches the ROM source EXACTLY. For Win7, a lot of users had issues because the default pathname just goes c:/program files without selecting the OS version specific folders. (I never used that OS but I saw that issue a lot when it was relatively new)

2. The file path has the closing / on the end. I know, you'd think it could figure it out, but no. If you copy/paste your name from the folder in Explorer, it won't have that in the file path when you paste since that indicates being in another folder, which if you are in the basic one... etc etc. (hope you don't mind my stupid, simple lil explanation, I know a lot of people know a ton of things more about computers than I do, I just have had a lot of experience shoving various modding related round pegs into square holes)

If both of those things are okay, it might be something different and I'll have to poke around some since I can't recreate the issue on my pc running 8 (spoiler alert: windows 8 is moderately terrible and absolutely anathema to most of the lovingly cobbled together programs that are used for modding FFXI).

I hope this helps!
Back online but out of the loop too long, I need some reintroduction to this stuff! :D

anything